About Me

My photo
I'm Texan born n' bred! I'm newly engaged to the most handsome man! We have two precious dogs, Jack and Lily, who you will hear a lot about. We just moved to Oregon in July 2011 and I thought I'd start this blog to keep everyone back home up to date on our latest happenings.... Stay tuned!!!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Well, it's winter in PDX!

Y'all would not believe the weather we got going on right now. I haven't seen the sun in a solid week. Sunday it snowed a little bit but nothing stuck because of all the rain. BUZZ KILL. In Texas, if it started snowing, it meant we for SURE did not have school/work the next day. I got allllll excited just to have my dreams crushed.

But thennnnnn on Tuesday it REALLY REALLY SNOWED!


Lily and I got allllll excited thinking we were gonna have a snow day.

But Wednesday when I woke up to find that the friggin RAIN turned it all to slush, I was PISSED. no snow day. no sleeping in. no fun!

When I moved to Portland people told me, "Oh no it's not like a hard rain, it's like a misty, drizzle type rain." Well, to those people I say, "BULLSHIT". It has been straight up RAINING this whole week. I'm talking a don't-even-bother-washing-your-hair-all-week-cuz-you-look-like-a-drowned-rat-no-matter-what kind of rain. Who's jealous of this forecast?

This Texas girl misses her sunshine.... Seeing my friends post about wearing shorts and flip flops in January just makes me sick! Tell me y'all don't want your backyard to look like this???

nothing like the excess rain to really make your backyard shine!
Alright well this post has officially made me more depress about the rain... I'm gonna do a sunshine dance or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment