About Me

My photo
I'm Texan born n' bred! I'm newly engaged to the most handsome man! We have two precious dogs, Jack and Lily, who you will hear a lot about. We just moved to Oregon in July 2011 and I thought I'd start this blog to keep everyone back home up to date on our latest happenings.... Stay tuned!!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

oh my goodness guys.....

I cannot even put into words the stress that is consuming my body right now. My brain feels like someone is stomping on it. I wish I could be in Texas for two reasons right now.....
  1. I need a margarita from Baja like there is no tomorrow
AND

   2.    I need a hug from either my mom, dad, or Tim so I can at least feel a little better about the next 10 days.

Ok so let me explain..............
         I got to Oregon on Monday to do a sort of meet & greet with my new territory. Also on the agenda is to find a house for us to live in. SO MUCH HARDER THAN YOU THINK. In Texas I feel like there are rental homes out the wazoo. Not the case in Portland. I have called on so many houses that already have applications filled out and waiting lists to back them up. SERIOUSLY? really? I can't catch a break. Luckily I have off all day tomorrow to go house hunting and I have a few showings lined up but if I don't find something tomorrow I just might be royally SCREWED. Oh did I mention I have to be in Portland permanently by July 4. Yeah, stress!!! No time to dilly dally around I NEED A HOUSE!

         Another thing I have been freaking out about is finding a reputable moving company to actually be able to move us on such short notice across the frickin country. I've been going back and forth with different moving companies and honestly don't have a good feeling about the one I ended up booking but please PLEASE PLEASE say a little prayer that they show up at our apartment next week. So, the issue of finding a moving company may have been resolved but I also have some hesitations about whether or not it's going to work out smoothly.. ugh more stress...

       Lastly, I have gotten to meet with a lot of my new accounts and I'm starting to really see just how REAL this new transition is going to be. I am going to be putting so much into this job. There are so many things that outside people don't see when it comes to this job. From the outside it may look like Territory Managers just drive around all day seeing dealers and taking people to lunch... but I am here to tell you that is SO WRONG! I want to do so well and represent my training program the best way I know how and that is to give this job my everything. Again, say a little prayer for me and my territory. Stress to succeed far surpasses moving stress!

I have to thank my family. My mom and dad have been really helpful. I've delegated certain tasks for them and they've been awesome. My dad sold my car for me for way more than expected and that was a HUGE relief. Except for now I'm not so sure what to do about this weekend when I have so much stuff to do with no car... uhhhh?? The poor guy who's gotten the worst end of this whole "Jessica madness" is Tim. I feel so bad for him. He has just kinda been hanging out waiting on me to give him moving dates, find us a house, find him a job in Portland, and deal with my ranting about this whole crazy week. Gotta love him.

On a beautful note look at how cool this view of downtown is...
Over and Out from Portland Y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment