About Me

My photo
I'm Texan born n' bred! I'm newly engaged to the most handsome man! We have two precious dogs, Jack and Lily, who you will hear a lot about. We just moved to Oregon in July 2011 and I thought I'd start this blog to keep everyone back home up to date on our latest happenings.... Stay tuned!!!

Friday, July 8, 2011

It's been too long!!! MOVE AND A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

So, as most of you know the past month has been pretty crazy for me.. but I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!! Tim, Jack and I finally made it Oregon. WOOOOOOO Oregon!




It's gonna take a little while for me to get used to calling it "home" but like they always say..
and thank goodness my heart came with me! As korny as this sounds I can already tell this move has made us a whole lot closer. We spent 4 consecutive days together moving/traveling in a car and didn't get into a single argument... Yeah four days might not seem like a long time.. BUT anyone who knows how stressful moving can be knows what I'm talking about. It was a great accomplishment.

Our drive was long, yes, but honestly SO MUCH FUN!!!!! I forgot how funny my boyfriend was. I had cramps from laughing at him so much. Yes, most of his humor was at my expense, but if you can't laugh at yourself then what's the point in humor? right? Anywho, it was a great 40 hours + of driving time. Here is a map of our route from Texas- Oregon:

yeah... 2400 miles. ugh


We ended up not even leaving Texas until Friday night at 9:30. I was so pissed about our movers showing up so late but soon realized there was nothing i could do about it so I just gave up stressing over it. We drove until 3:30 am  to Amarillo and slept for 3 hours at this nasty Days Inn. Just a note to everyone: Amarillo smells like shit. Just sayin.... it was nasty. The next day we drove through Colorado, we stopped in Evergreen outside of Denver to see Tim's friend Sam. He just moved back to Colorado from Plano so it was good to see him. We spent the night in Rawlings, Wyoming. TALK ABOUT A SKETCHY PLACE! woooo.. i'll let you watch the video to see for yourself but my oh my I'm so glad we survived that town. The next day.. the BEST day.. was YELLOWSTONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before we got to the park Tim had mentioned that he had always wanted to see a bear in the wild... so of course I was like "oh yeahhhh that be so cool". Thinking "ok the chances of that happening are probably pretty slim". Tim joked saying that if we saw a bear it would be a sign that our relationship would last forever.. haha he's a loser i know. So we're hardly into the Grand Teton park when BAM! on the side of the road there is a large group of people looking at something in the forest so we get out to go check it out and what is it?? what is it?? A FREAKING GRIZZLY BEAR! We both got so excited. I jumped and did a lil dance, we high fived (super lame), we left Jack in the car with the windows down... (oops) So yeah.. I told Tim anytime we get in a fight now that I'm gonna say "but the BEAR!!! you can't break up with me.. REMEMBER THE BEAR!!!!" haha ahhhh good times. But Yellowstone was some of the most beautiful earth I've ever seen. It was such a fun day with my best friend.

Monday 4th of July was an ass whipping. We had 10 hours to Portland and by that time we were so sick  of the road it was unbelievable. We stopped in Idaho to go check out these hot springs. There were hippies where we parked and so we were a lil sketched out then we got to the trail to see that there was a "caution: you may encounter nude hikers" sign... lets just say i was a lil worried but no we didnt see and nakies.. just some weirdos :-) But yeah that was the highlight of that day. Once we made it Portland we went by our new house even though we didnt get our keys to the next day. It was pretty exciting. But we stayed Monday & Tuesday night at my boss' house. She is so awesome. I love her. She and her husband have this incredible home with a lower level basement that could possibly be bigger than our house. It's like it's own little apartment in their house. So we've stayed there two nights and I'm pretty sure Tim just wants to move in there instead. Luckily she had an airbed that she gave us and sheets and comforter so we can stay at our own place... But we have a lot of work to do on our house and HOPEFULLY the movers arrive with our stuff sooner than later cuz no furniture is no fun sleeping on an air matress!...

Below is the link to my YouTube channel with some of the videos of our adventure we have titled "Death by Moving" starring Tim Jessica and Jack! Check them out!  :-) This link goes to the 1st video then on the righ they should be in order.. they're all numbered so you know which way to go.... (yes dad those were instructions for your computer-illiterate self) LOVE YOU! ;-) and a big thank you to my daddy for buying me the flip camera. it was great!








AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR: (drum roll please)...................



I FINALLY GOT A PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! she is too cute for words! I pick her up tonight from the Oregon Humane Society and I will for sure be posting loads and loads and loads of pics/videos of her. Stay tuned to meet her! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment