About Me

My photo
I'm Texan born n' bred! I'm newly engaged to the most handsome man! We have two precious dogs, Jack and Lily, who you will hear a lot about. We just moved to Oregon in July 2011 and I thought I'd start this blog to keep everyone back home up to date on our latest happenings.... Stay tuned!!!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

weekend recap

Surprisingly I had a really good weekend. Once I got over my bad mood Friday I was golden. Tim went to Corvallis for the weekend to hangout with his friend Blaine, so that left it up to me Jack and Lily to hold down the fort. Saturday we woke up, cleaned up the house a little bit, then I decided "hey, it's a beautiful day outside in the lovely PDX, let's go hang outside by the Columbia River. So I found a swim beach on the Washington side of the river that was only about 45 minutes away. (I could probably throw a rock in the columbia from my house if I wanted to but the really pretty area is the Gorge which is about 30 miles east of Portland, hence why it took me so long to get there). Anywho, so we went to the beach and the dogs got to frolick in the water and roll in the sand. Well, this was a great idea until I realized "ahhh shit they got to get back in my car and drive all the way home" . Thank the lord for oversized towels. I covered up my backseat and they passed out the whole way home. Overall, it was a fun afternoon. I got sun, the dogs got to play in the water, they got baths when we got home, and snowflake (my car) got a bath too. Here are some pics of our fun time at the river gorge.
Lily girl all soaked from swimmin

this just doesn't even do it justice as to how gorgeous this area is. I was on  the Washington side so this is a view of  Oregon <3

Jack was a sleep bear after running all over the place

pretty puppies after their baths :-) they make everything better <3
So after that whole fiasco I decided I was NOT gonna sit home on a Saturday night like a lame ass. So I went and saw a movie by myself..... like a lame ass. Yeah yeah yeah I'm a loser I know but whatever, it was better than sitting at home. SO anyway, I saw The Help. I thought it was such a great movie!!!! Not only did I cry- 3 times but who's counting- but I laughed, and just felt really moved by the whole thing. It was great! So after the movie I came back home to my pups and we played around for a little bit. I baked cookies, drank some delicious Miller Lite aluminum can beers and didn't go to sleep until 4 am. Successful night? I'd say so.
HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?
I saw this on Pinterest today so I'll share with everyone because I think it is spot on, so true!!



                                                     Have a great week everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment